Noise Barrier Protects People From Noise
Perforated metal noise barrier, also known as sound barriers, is an effective and economical solution to reduce noises. It is strong, durable and easy to construct because of its lightweight, therefore ,it is the most commonly used noise barrier type.
Structure of the sound barrier
The sound barrier has three-layer structure.
- Outside perforated metal
- The first layer is mostly small hole or louver hole perforated screen. Material can be aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel and galvanized steel panels. The surface can be powder coated with various colors.
- Middle sound absorbing material
- The middle layer is porous structural sound absorbing material like glass wool and foamed aluminum, which has excellent sound absorption.
- Outside metal sheet
- The other outside layer is a flat and smooth metal sheet without any holes.
The sound insulation principle of the noise barrier
When the noise from source hits the noise barrier, the sound waves will be separated into three ways:
- One way is reflected back by the sound barriers.
- Another way is spreading to the receiving point after being absorbed and weakened by sound barriers.
- Some noises may bypass over the top of sound barrier, but it will get weakened due to the long path.
Finally, the overall noise intensity is weakened and controlled.
Noise Barrier Specifications
Stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized sheet and low carbon steel.
Metal sheet thickness
0.6 mm, 0.7 mm, 0.8 mm and 1.0 mm.
Barrier forming thickness
80 mm, 100 mm, etc.
1960 mm, 2460 mm or customized length.
Usually 500 mm or customized width.
- Sort by the hole patterns
- Sort by the surface
- Sort by screen shapes
Noise Barrier Installation
The installation of noise barrier
Sound barrier installation is relatively simple, but each step must comply with the rules.
Prepare: Noise barrier panels, H posts and bolts and nuts.
- Check the concrete foundation and concrete strength, ensure the reserved bolts and nuts meet the requirements, and correct bolt spacing.
- Clean the base surface, calibrate the bolts and nuts.
- Install the H posts, tighten the nuts and measure the posts’ verticality.
- Fix the posts, concreting at the joint, and smooth the surface.
- Install the barrier panels, insert the panels into the mounting groove of the H post, then fix them.
- Recheck after installation and correct immediately if there is any problem.
Sound Barrier Applications
- Construction site.
Sound barrier next to the road
Noise barrier next to the railway
Noise barrier in the factory
Noise barrier on the roof of the building